Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Are You Pissed Off? I Am.

Are You Pissed Off? I Am.

I am fed up with our government, with our tax system and the way we treat our home, the earth. I'm a liberal but by no means bleeding heart. I'm environmentally aware but not a tree-hugger. I'm simply pissed off and quite frankly I don't know what to do except to vent my frustration in this blog and hope that talking about things will lead to answers.

We, including myself live in a world of contradictions. We know we are rapidly running out of resources yet we still drive SUV's. We know that we are changing the world's climate yet we still burn fossil fuels because it's comfortable and industry can make more money as oil becomes more scarce.

Politicians have already changed our "civil rights" to "civil liberties" with no one standing in the way as they rapidly chip away at what's left. Our leaders have recognized that fear is power and have used today's mass media to make us afraid. When I walk the streets of my home town or venture to the airport, I see more and more police "protecting" us from terrorists and child molesters. Don't get me wrong, I know they are out there but I feel that the threat has been magnified by the media and that we have already reached a point where the "protection" is causing more harm than the threat.

Join me in my quest to speak out and change things one voice at a time until we are an army large enough to make a difference. Let us read between the lines and use our knowledge to change things.

I'm not saying that I have solutions for even a fraction of the world's problems and I admit that as far as the environment goes, I am part of the problem. I'm not an expert on anything, I'm not exempt from wanting to live a comfortable life, but I do have a good portion of common sense and good intentions.

Join me if you think I make sense and post your own views if you think I'm full of shit. Either way, talking about it is the first step to solving any problem. Let's hope we can tackle some of the ones we face today.

Ron

No comments: